DREAMS - Our Values
At Ambler, our aim is to help all children and adults in the school and children's centre in Achieving More.
Our core values are: DETERMINATION, RESILIENCE, EMPATHY, AMBITION, MOTIVATION and SELF-BELIEF.
You can show determination by:
- Trying your best
- Working hard in anything you find difficult
- Focusing on specific steps or targets
- Breaking your goal down into small steps
Taking one step at a time if necessary
Accepting that some goals require hard work.
You can show resilience by:
- Never giving up
- Persevering when working towards your goal
- Trying to achieve your personal best
- Overcoming the fear of failure
- Keep on going even when it gets tough
- Having the ability to problem solve
- Having ‘bounce back’ ability.
You can show empathy by:
- Being kind to those around you
- Thinking about how other people may be feeling
- Imagining what it would be like walk in their shoes or be in their position
- Be ready to help and support
- Listening to others without judgement.
You can show ambition by:
- Identifying and aiming for a goal
- Knowing the steps to achieving your goal
- Pushing and extending yourself
- Believing that nothing is impossible
- Keeping focused on the ‘big picture’
- Knowing there are different routes to success.
You can show motivation by:
- Being prepared to work hard
- Dealing with failure or setbacks positively
- Really wanting to achieve success
- Understanding why you are doing something
- Being driven and keen
- Accepting and understanding feedback and advice.
You can show self-belief by:
- Showing bravery
- Taking risks and trying new things
- Recognising what you are good at
- Having confidence that you will achieve
- Saying ‘I can do this!’
- Seeing yourself succeeding
- Learning from your mistakes.