|QUALITY OF EDUCATION|
To raise the end of key stage writing attainment in line with maths and reading attainment.
- AFL – Use of a range of AFL strategies to ensure that lessons are adapted based on the needs of the children
- Challenge - Lessons pitched with high expectations for all learners, through use of scaffolding, modelling and questioning, with extension opportunities to allow all children to be stretched and challenged.
- SEND – Accurately track and monitor progress of SEND children working significantly below ARE
To embed the new Phonics scheme across EYFS and KS1
- Teaching of early reading and phonics –To deliver a systematic approach to reading which is monitored for quality and consistency across the key stages
BEHAVIOUR AND ATTITUDES
- Positive attitudes to learning – To develop a ‘mistakes culture’ in the school where children are resilient and see mistakes as a part of the learning journey
- Equality and Diversity – To develop an inclusive environment that celebrates what we have in common and promotes respect for the differences between us
- Sustainability - To implement sustainable practices in school in order to develop children’s understanding of how our actions have an impact on the wider world.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
To ensure that all staff’s needs are met regarding personal development and well-being
- Developing Staff – To establish a holistic approach to ensure all staff have the opportunity to develop their practice in order to support children's learning and pursue their own professional interests
- Developing staff - To ensure that all staff feel appreciated and respected and that their contributions are valued as part of the wider school community
- Developing governors – Developing role of link governors & how they work with the school to support TLR holders.