At Ambler we continually develop new ways to communicate with parents to help create a real relationship and an understanding between us.
- ‘Meet the team’ takes place early in the year and is an opportunity to meet all the staff at Ambler including all support staff , music and Spanish teachers , sports coaches and the admin and senior leadership teams. This is a whole school event and takes place in the hall.
- ‘Meet the teacher’ also takes place early in the year. This event takes place in the classroom with the children and is an opportunity for parents to ‘meet the teacher’ and see their children in the classroom .Parents are given information about end of year expectations and events through the year for their class as well as receiving a curriculum and end of year expectations booklet.
- We have three parents evening a year .The first one focuses on Target setting , the second on progress and the 3rd includes an awards event , giving out of reports as well as a whole range of information and support stalls for parents.
- ‘Bring a parent’ is an opportunity to be in the classroom with your child for a lesson and discussion .It focuses on a different curriculum area each year.
- There are many other parents’ workshops; courses and coffee mornings as well as transition meetings for example from reception to year 1.